Thursday, December 1, 2011

Dec 1

December 1 is to many just a day on the calendar.  To me its a forced mnemonic device called "World AIDS Day"

Not that I don't have anything against a day to keep HIV in peoples minds but its in mine daily
Every day is MY AIDS Day

So what makes this day special from any other day? (sounds like Sader) Though they never leave my thoughts, faces of friends, people I knew, men Ive loved & others I admired return like ghosts in the light to
walk with me as I carry a candle in yet another vigil on a busy street in some big town.

Now that I have buddies in the L.I.F.E. program and Pos Attitude friends, I walk with them on WIlton Drive.  We cry, I cry and then I smile for the memories shared, stories told and how we lived like no other.


Walk with me, hand in hand on December 1 even if your not in WIlton Manors, FL, we'll rejoice in the years ahead

No comments:

Post a Comment